tax return netherlands suurmond tax consultants

Tax return Netherlands

If you have just moved to the Netherlands you are most likely unfamiliar with the Dutch tax system. You may have received an M-form and need help to file it. Or perhaps you have been living in the Netherlands for a couple of years, and you have just discovered you should have declared your property abroad in your tax return, or perhaps your investment portfolio in another country. 

Tax return Netherlands

If you moved away from the Netherlands then you might want to hire us to avoid making mistakes whilst filling in the C-form. Perhaps you continue to have a BV in the Netherlands and are unsure if this can continue. 

When is it recommendable to hire an international tax advisor? 

  • If you are not sure if you are compliant;
  • If you have worked in The Netherlands for a short period (6 months e.g.) ; 
  • If you have moved to the Netherlands and need help filing your M-form
  • If you live in the Netherlands and want to be certain you are getting the most tax-benefit out of your tax return; 
  • If you have left the Netherlands again; 
  • If you were expecting to receive a sizeable rebate and instead you own the Dutch tax office money;
  • If you need to file an M-form, a C-form, or a P-form and you don’t want to miss any important deductions, credits and allowances;
  • If you need help requesting a provisional refund for mortgage relief (which results in a monthly refund instead of a lump sum after the end of the year).

Your situation

In the situations mentioned above it is wise to let an international tax advisor have a look at your situation. We can look after your tax returns and advise you on the possibilities according to the Dutch and treaty tax rules. For advice regarding the national tax system of another country, a local advisor will have to be employed, who knows all the ins and outs of this. We are in possession of a vast, international network of advisors.

tax return netherlands suurmond taxconsultants filing taxes tax service the hague maassluis rotterdam

Tax return Netherlands

Suurmond Tax-Consultants has been advising expats and individuals for more than 35 years. After contacting us it will become clear whether we are the right party to help you. 

In a contactform or an e-mail you can explain your situation and ask us any questions you may have. Your situations will be looked at by one of our advisors. On the basis of this, the tax advisor will come back to you for further details. Our hourly rate ranges from €175 to €285 excl. 21% VAT.

If you agree, then the advisor will look at the different aspects which apply to your situation and which elements are important to work on. Then a proposal is made with all the elements included on which you need advice and guidance. 

After this, we will update you on the amount of hours which we expect will be required. It is not always easy to make an accurate estimate as we are dependent on information and details from your side as well. In addition, how your case will proceed depends on the response of the tax inspector as well to  our argument. If required, a consultation can be set up online or at our office. 

The importance of hiring an international tax advisor

If you need to file a tax return in The Netherlands, you will want to know for certain that what you are doing is done correctly, as you must be compliant. The Tax Office can impose high penalties if your affairs aren’t in order and correctly presented. 

At our office you can be certain that you will be supported by experienced advisors and who will provide you with relevant tax advice. If you let us take care of your tax return, we will request an extension until May 1st of the next year. We will carefully consider all deductions, including alimony, charitable contributions, and unreimbursed health expenses, to ensure nothing is missed.

You will be advised of your personal tax saving possiblities. Or if your tax return was filed by your employer we can give you a second opinion.  In the most diverse circumstances we are committed to providing complete tax advice. Most of all, we will make sure that you are tax and social security compliant in particular in cross-border situations. 

Check out what provisional assessments you can apply for as a non-resident taxpayer.


“Thank you Sander for your excellent advice over the last 5 years, you made the taxation issues for me as an expat a much easier process than I was expecting, my experience of living in the Netherlands but working for a UK company might have been very different if not impossible were it not for you!”

– Louise Davies –


“I strongly recommend, Sander has been very helpful and precise in his advice. Also he always replied very swiftly to my queries. Very good tax advisory firm.”

– Guillaume Zagdoun –


“They are very helpful and responsive in the times of need. Good and clear communication of right information.”

– Mishanthini Sivasamy –

Who are Suurmond Tax Consultants

Since 1986 expat and business tax advice in relation to the Netherlands is one of our areas if expertise we provide to our individual and/ or business clients.

In addition, we can also assist in a variety of other cross-border situations. We will ensure you are compliant as well and that you pay no more tax than needed. Examples include advising clients as to starting a business in The Netherlands, accounting, property tax, and amnesty ruling. We file all types of  tax returns and specialise for example in the 30% ruling and 183-days rule consequences. The value we can add with our fiscal advice, is a key focus point to us. Also, what should not be overlooked, is the fact that a correct tax return will prevent future issues and penalties. This is essential when moving to a new country, or when setting up a business in a new country. 

suurmond belastingadviseurs internationaal belastingadvies inkeerregeling belastingaangifte emigreren


J.C. Suurmond & zn. Tax Consultants
Zwarte Zee 100
3144 DE Maassluis
T: +31 (0)10-3033701


General information

CoC register: 27224918
VAT: NL 8016.36.668.B.01