Brexit uncertainty: 8 reasons to form a company in the Netherlands15 January 2019
Because of uncertainty relating to Brexit many UK companies are considering establishing a presence on the EU mainland. With a Dutch company formation they want to make sure their EU customers will remain well served or supplies of goods are preserved.
Eight reasons for a company formation in the Netherlands for UK businesses are:
- proximity to the UK;
- good infrastructure;
- easy and simple flight and ferry connections (from London to Amsterdam only 45 minutes flight time);
- a recent research showed that NL was the non English country with best English speaking community;
- also communications with the Dutch government can often be done in English and documents are available in English, ensuring an efficient way of doing business;
- Corporate Income Tax rates are one of the lowest in the EU; currently this is 20% up to a profit of € 200.000 and 25% there above; but these percentages will be reduced in steps to 15% and 20,5% in 2021;
- NL is one of the countries with the most tax treaties with other countries over the whole world;
- Expats coming from abroad to work for a company registered in the Netherlands can qualify for the 30% ruling; apart from exempting 30% of the salary from Income Tax it offers a few more tax advantages.
We have assisted many UK companies incorporate a BV company in the Netherlands. Contact us to see how we can help your company.